If you’re a pet lover who happens to love gardening, don’t be dismayed. You and your four-legged companion can coexist quite happily in your backyard oasis if you follow a few simple pet-friendly guidelines. Take our quiz to see if your garden is ready for your furry family members.
1. Cocoa mulch may look great covering your flower beds, but it can be lethal to dogs and cats.
2. Pools and ponds can be a refreshing place for your pet to cool off, but be wary of hidden dangers.
3. Pesticides and herbicides are not harmful to your pets.
4. Some plants in your garden may be toxic and even deadly to your pets.
5. Dogs and cats love to lie in the sun, so make sure you provide a comfy place for them to soak up the sunshine.
6. A fenced yard with a securely latched gate provides a safe and secure place for your dog to play and relax.
7. When cutting the grass or using hedge trimmers or a weed trimmer, your pets should be enjoying the great outdoors while you work.
8. Planters, containers and raised garden beds are a great way to keep your pet safe and your plants happy.
9. Dog owners constantly have to search their backyard after their pooch answers nature’s call.
10. When designing your landscape, make sure you leave room for your pets to roam.