Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

A baby robin.

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

A baby robin.

Postby otnorot » Jun 17, 2013 8:16 pm

Just flew into my yard and landed 2 feet away.When Mom and Dad saw me they started squawking,in 30 seconds 6 Aunts and 6 Uncles 2 baltimore, orioles 5 grackles, a bunch of sparrows showed up and they also started squawking.So I slipped away hoping the baby keeps out of the ponds.
Bill
otnorot

Re: A baby robin.

Postby Jersm » Jun 25, 2013 7:57 pm

acutally this year robins mom and dad made a nest on my fence right beside my garden.

earlier this yea while water my plants i would find the mom over the eggs keeping them warm not moving an inch being camo. however once it started getting warm everytime i was near the nest i would get a squack attack and they bluff attack.

then not long ago i walked by the nest again to water my plants and all the babbies 3 babies jumped out of the nest attemping to fly away.

one of them landed on the ground and just stayed there, i got really really close took a pic then it squacked for its mom.

instantly i had the mom and dad swooping over my head straight at my face with open mouth i felt the wind everytime.

quite wild lol
Jersm

Re: A baby robin.

Postby conniepr » Jun 26, 2013 8:19 am

Oh joy!

I have two cats that would not let little ones like that stay around for long. Actually, we get a lot of birds nesting in our yard as the previous owner had put about 10 little bird houses around in the trees, on the fence, on the roof just under the eves. But the birds only use the ones that the cats can't get to. We've had bombing attacks by blue jay mom's and dad's, and magpies, and some little brown birds I'm not sure of the name of. They are nice to see, for sure.
conniepr

Return to Over the Garden Fence