Garden Gallery - Gardening Forums

A few Pics of my garden 2012

Show off your gardening photographs in our Garden Gallery of beautiful plants, stunning landscapes, garden pictures, and wildlife visitors.

Re: A few Pics of my garden 2012

Postby Lulu » Nov 21, 2012 9:57 am

received & responded to it.
Lulu

Postby CdnChelsea » Nov 21, 2012 10:29 am

Lulu wrote:received & responded to it.

Got it, thank you.

: )

"Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth
are never alone or weary of life" ~ Rachel Carson
CdnChelsea

Postby Northpine » Nov 21, 2012 11:32 am

Thanks for posting your beautiful pictures. You brightened my day!
Marie
Zone 1b, Northern MB
One of the most delightful things about a garden is the anticipation it provides. ~W.E. Johns, The Passing Show
Northpine

Postby Lulu » Nov 21, 2012 11:48 am

My pleasure, Marie, thanks for the comment.

Have tons of pictures of my brugs,,just don't want to bore folks to death!
Lulu

Postby Scrapinthehat » Nov 21, 2012 12:28 pm

Wow Lulu!!!! I knew you loved Brugs and had a few varieties, but W O W! Absolutely gorgeous and so tropical looking. No wonder why you love them.
"Better to be a silly girl with a flower, than a silly boy with a horse and a stick."
Jocelyn, a character from A Knight's Tale
Scrapinthehat

Postby Lulu » Nov 21, 2012 1:55 pm

I try to keep that side of my yard and the gazebo as "tropical" looking as possible, even if it looks tacky; I say it's whimsy; who cares! Even have a fake palm tree, fake flamingos and a blow-fish, a parrot in a cage that records and repeats, and one out of the cage! The monkeys on the table are speak no evil, see no evil, hear no evil! There's a coconut man's head under the plant, to the right of the couch.

I can see my three raised beds, full of brugs from the gazebo, have bougainvillia, hibiscus, gardenia, passion flowers, mandevillia and lots of cannas, growing around the edges of the gazebo.

It's beautiful at night, when it's all lit up, and the beautiful scent of the brugs fills the yard. The curtains keep the bugs out; don't know why,,they just do! It's my favorite place to be, in the summer and company love it!
Attachments
Gazebo Brugs.JPG
gazebo4,12.JPG
Gazebo-palm trees2012.JPG
gazeboinside2012.JPG
The view from inside the gazebo
Last edited by Lulu on Nov 21, 2012 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lulu

Postby orchidguy » Nov 21, 2012 2:05 pm

Wow Lulu,
You've made your gazebo look like a tiki hut, I love it.
I place tropicals on the patio's and decks for the summer, but have never thought of incorporating them into such massive landscape focal points.
I wish I had the b@!!s, to do something like that. Still contemplating painting one of the shed doors a bright blue.
This does not read tacky to me, just very inventive. I think being boring and dull is far more tragic than being tacky anyway (I think I heard that somewhere before, but might be mistaken)
orchidguy

Postby Lulu » Nov 21, 2012 2:23 pm

Thanks, for the nice comments, Dan!

My yard is huge, and the house is a "U" shape, so there are plenty of opportunities to create different "rooms" around my yard.

The original plan was to make that side a Japanese garden, with the gazebo transformed to a "tea house". Found it a bit daunting, doing the work, myself, but, but haven't yet given up the dream!
Lulu

Postby orchidguy » Nov 21, 2012 3:00 pm

Oh, I hear ya Linda, the japanese (actually more asian) garden here has taken me over 6 years to finally get to a phase that I actually like. The teahouse, has been a royal pain in the bum to erect too, but should be completed next season.

If you give garden tours, does it come with a lei :?: :oops: :lol:
orchidguy

Postby Lulu » Nov 21, 2012 3:12 pm

I've been asked to give tours, but, was working up to June of this year, so, it was out of the question. Had my son's wedding in the front yard in '08, and that was a ton of work, and stress, with no help! Lots of pressure and, if the weather doesn't co-operate, then what? I'll take the easy way out, and say, "NO tours, NO leis", but, come sit a while!
Lulu

PreviousNext

Return to Garden Gallery