Garden Gallery - Gardening Forums

A few Pics of my garden 2012

Show off your gardening photographs in our Garden Gallery of beautiful plants, stunning landscapes, garden pictures, and wildlife visitors.

A few Pics of my garden 2012

Postby Lulu » Nov 19, 2012 10:23 pm

No movement on the forum, so, thought I'd post a few pics, of brugs, of course! Hope I don't bore you with them!
Attachments
Marisol-Sept2012.JPG
Marisol-Sept9,2012.JPG
BQMD Sept 2012.JPG
Mountain Magic 2012.JPG
kbs Sept2012.JPG
V RoseSept2012.JPG
Lulu

Re: A few Pics of my garden 2012

Postby B_BQ » Nov 19, 2012 11:49 pm

Oh wow! Lulu that last pic is incredible!
You might like to know that all four of the 'pinks' you sent me bloomed this year. Not massively, but they bloomed. They're all resting in the basement. I'm determined to get a much better location for them next year, all together. I do have a spot, but I need to find appropriate containers - hopefully that won't tipple over at the slighest breeze! I had them scattered all over the garden and they got a bit lost.
~BBQ
Zone 5b
South/Central Ontario

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day
~ Author Unknown
B_BQ

Postby Lulu » Nov 20, 2012 12:19 am

Glad yours put on a good show for you, Brenda.

The last two are in my raised beds, and anything in those beds does exceptionally well there.

The first pics are all planted in pots; this is the first year I've tried pots; had 8 very large pots along my driveway. They were a pain to water, since they dried out so quickly. Next year, I may try putting large holes in the sides of smaller pots, then burying them, halfway, to cut down on the constant watering. Am also planning on fastening some of the bigger pots to the ground, with re-bar thru the pot, as they were blowing over (and breaking) constantly.
Lulu

Postby CdnChelsea » Nov 20, 2012 10:53 am

Oh......how beautiful. I would be the envy of the neighbourhood if I had some of those. The only problem is, I have no place to store them for the winter.

*sigh*

"Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth
are never alone or weary of life" ~ Rachel Carson
CdnChelsea

Postby Lulu » Nov 20, 2012 11:13 am

A cool closet would work, for their hibernation, or, if you didn't mind doing battle with bugs all winter, you could keep it growing in your living room!

lulutheenabler
Lulu

Postby CdnChelsea » Nov 20, 2012 12:04 pm

lol....yes, I have to agree. You are an enabler : )

I do have a cool spot to store a brug so thanks to you, I will buy one next spring.

What are their requirements (sun/shade, soil conditions, watering practises?)

CdnChelsea

Postby Lulu » Nov 20, 2012 1:06 pm

No need to buy one, Chelsea,,I can send you one, for postage, in the spring. Sending it now, may result in it freezing, if stored in a Canada Post truck for a weekend. Name your color preference, single or double, and I'll ship it as soon as it's safe, in the spring. You can pm me your details.

They need lots of sun, lots of water, and flower better/sooner, if fertilized weekly. I am not real faithful with the fertilizing, but do manage to do it, occasionally. If they are in a pot, they will need more watering than if planted in the ground. You can propagate it by cuttings, in the fall, if you are so inclined. (and you will be)

Lulu, living up to the "enabler" code!
Attachments
OrangeNoid Sept2012.JPG
SPSept12.JPG
Full Rosea-Sept 14,12.JPG
NOL-Sept2,12.JPG
New Orleans Lady not fully colored up
Lulu

Postby orchidguy » Nov 20, 2012 9:24 pm

Oh Linda, Linda, Linda....

Stunningly breathtaking. I guess the new greenhouse is going to be first on the "to-do" list. It is erected, but all the interior needs to be done. I know it was supposed to be finished last spring, but just didn't happen. Me thinks I will be placing some orders for new plants in the spring. I've bookmarked a few nurseries, and thank you for igniting that spark again. YOU ARE AN ENABLER LINDA :lol:
orchidguy

Postby Lulu » Nov 20, 2012 11:24 pm

Thanks Dan! Last year's offer still stands! I need someone to share this addiction with! Let's touch base, before you place any orders.
Lulu

Postby CdnChelsea » Nov 21, 2012 9:34 am

Lulu wrote:Thanks Dan! Last year's offer still stands! I need someone to share this addiction with! Let's touch base, before you place any orders.

I sent you a pm, Lulu : )

CdnChelsea

Next

Return to Garden Gallery