Plant Talk - Gardening Forums

What Would You Do Differently Next Year?

For help in growing and maintaining your favourite plants, from sowing seeds and staking perennials to pruning roses, shrubs and trees, join the discussion.

Re: What Would You Do Differently Next Year?

Postby orchidguy » Dec 13, 2012 6:51 pm

Tammy,
Once I have the final coat of enamel on the tea house, I will send you some pics of that,the gardens and the new ponds. I've decided quite a few months back, that I won't be posting any new pics on this forum anymore, it's just a lot of work (cropping, reducing size...) to post for so few people who are interested, and really, does anyone need to see basically the same photo of the same roses, iris, rhodo.... year after year? The plants get bigger, but the flowers usually remain the same.
orchidguy

Postby Scrapinthehat » Dec 14, 2012 6:50 pm

Dan...well you probably underestimate how many people who would be interested in seeing your space, but I completely understand about the editing, cropping, etc for posting. It can be quite time consuming. I've had to move all my pics off my hard drive because they were slowing it down too much which complicates matters even further.
"Better to be a silly girl with a flower, than a silly boy with a horse and a stick."
Jocelyn, a character from A Knight's Tale
Scrapinthehat

Postby orchidguy » Dec 14, 2012 7:54 pm

Scrapinthehat wrote:I completely understand about the editing, cropping, etc for posting. It can be quite time consuming.

not to mention, sometimes it takes 3 trys to post one picture, or doesn't post them at all, it really is a PITA

Scrapinthehat wrote: You are so ambitious

actually Tammy, just incredibly addicted and sometimes foolish. The nurseries that I get a lot of my outdoor plantings from, requires the customer to pre-order in the fall, to ensure they get the products they want, so most of my orders for roses, rhodo's, shrubs, bulbs, seed, quite a few perennial plants including iris, peony, and a lot of trees, were placed months ago. Their spots in the gardens are ready for them though, so it is basically just digging the hole and planting, which is only a couple of weeks worth of hard work. Remember, if you are looking for anything, let me know
orchidguy

Previous

Return to Plant Talk