Pasta with cherry tomatoes and chèvre
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pkg fresh lasagna noodles, about 6 sheets
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels cut from the cob (about 2 cobs)
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 4 oz soft chèvre, crumbled
- ½ cup torn fresh basil leaves
- Maldon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Stir together the cherry tomatoes, garlic and olive oil in a large bowl. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Place the cherry tomatoes on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, cut side up. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until the tomatoes are wilted and slightly shrivelled and the garlic is golden and caramelized.
Meanwhile, stack 3 lasagna sheets on top of each other and cut across
the short side into 1" ribbons. Set a large pot of salted water on the stove to boil for the pasta. When the water is boiling, cook the pasta for 3 minutes.
Drain and return to the pot along with ¼ cup of the pasta cooking water and the butter. Add the roasted tomatoes and garlic, the corn and the spinach and warm through. Gently stir in the chèvre and basil. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.