Chervil, chèvre and zucchini omelette
- 3 free-range, organic eggs
- ¼ tsp Maldon sea salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup grated zucchini
- 1 tsp unsalted butter
- 1½ oz soft chèvre from a log
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chervil,plus more for garnish
- 2 slices smoked trout (optional)
In a small bowl, beat the eggs with the salt and pepper; whisk in the zucchini.
Melt the butter in an 8-inch non-stick skillet over medium heat.
Pour in the egg mixture, swirling the pan gently. Crumble the chèvre over the eggs and sprinkle with the chervil.
Lift the cooked edges gently and let the uncooked eggs find the heat of the pan underneath. When the top of the omelette is just set, fold gently into thirds and slide onto a plate.
Top with the smoked trout and a little more chervil as garnish.